Html, A-C control panel, ctrl + shift – THERE IS TOO MUCH OF THIS! At least, inside my head right now and it is spinning 100% out of control. Megabyte, gigabyte, kilobyte – can someone just hand me an aspirin right now?
I pride myself on knowing a little bit about computers. I did not believe myself to be technically impaired when it came to them until I started blogging. Sure, figuring WordPress out was a little bit of a hassle, but now I have made some monumental computer decisions which I need you for! :D
WordPress.com was peanuts to what I was considering, will be and am considering.
Over the years (haha… months), I have seen lots of bloggers expand and take over what is called a ‘self hosted website’. Huh?
*Insert dummy face here*
Some of my favourite examples are Vanilla Bean Baker, Cravings of a Lunatic and Sally’s Baking Addiction. If you visit these guys, their websites are wow. Wow and only wow :D
I also love Orgasmic Chef’s amazing look, though it is not one of the ones to change in front of my eyes ;)
Well, one day I dream for my simple blog to look like theirs. But I need your help. You see, I contacted Sally who was kind enough to give me some advice on how she started it up and after researching further some technical jargon (keeping up the dummy face right now ;)), I realised that for this moment in my life a.k.a senior work, getting a self hosted website was a little time consuming. Although I want to make my blog look more professional, I am still a little young to be doing so much on it right now. I need to get my head around the non-virtual side of my life too ;)
So now, after lots of bookmarking-for-future websites and researching in spare time, I have decided, with my mummy-daddy help (dynamic duo when it comes to the mind!) that when I start university, maybe something can expand then.
I also have the option of not expanding entirely to my own site but just setting up under my own domain (still with wordpress) which gives me a little more freedom in customisation. Hmmm…
So will you vote my friend and help me choose an option? I promise you a breakfast recipe (well my dinner but anyways…) :D
Oh and just before I reward you, I finally took down my background as it seemed it just was not working for anyone – won’t have to worry about it for too long I hope :)
Ok so, I think the pictures may have been bothering you a little bit but that is fine, no harm done, because I give you the single best pancakes ever. Why? Because they taste like banana bread. Say what? Yes. They do not taste like banana pancakes but banana bread. Banana bread….
Tempting you? Yes, no, maybe? A few alterations here and there in my favourite pancake recipe in the world and we got SUPER thick, SUPER fluffy, SUPER PERFECT pancakes… which I ate for dinner after a long, hard day of working :)
Berry Banana Bread Pancakes
Adapted from this recipe
Makes: 10 pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups full cream milk
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour (SRF)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 35g melted butter
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries (if frozen, do not thaw)
- Extra softened butter for heating pan
- Mix together milk, mashed bananas and sugar in a bowl until well combined. Let sit for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, sift together SRF, spices and baking soda in a large bowl
- Add melted butter to milk mixture and mix (the butter may stay on top of the mixture which is fine)
- Combine the egg and essence into the wet mixture
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and gently stir together until just combined (some lumps are fine, just do NOT overmix!)
- Gently stir through walnuts if using and let batter sit for at least 2 minutes
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, lightly grease with butter
- Briefly stir batter in case it has settled and scoop 1/4 onto the pan, smoothing with a spoon into a circle. Gently top with berries.
- Flip pancakes when first bubbles start to appear on the surface (1-2 minutes) before carefully flipping until lightly browned
- Place on a wire rack and place a tea towel over to keep moist and warm
- Grease inbetween each pancake and continue process (You may need to reduce the temperature a litte after the first 2-3 pancakes)
- Serve warm with ice cream and maple syrup :D
On other matters concerning the technology of cut, paste and linking, something I do understand (:D) I would like to thank some amazing bloggers who have been kind enough to award me! I would have linked to them in my last post but I think it was definitely long enough as it was ;)
Firstly, I have been lucky enough to receive a TRIO of Lovely Blog Awards! I feel so… well… LOVELY :D :D
A huge thanks goes to the wonderful chef, Tisa @ Blessings From Our Kitchen (her post comes with doughnuts!); the incredibly healthy Year Of Healthier Living & fabulous vegan, Emily @ Emily Cooks Vegan!
So, instructions for this award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
- Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award.
- Post a comment on each of your nominees’ blogs telling them about the nomination.
- I have a huge weakness for stationary (ery? :P) shopping
- I lost a spelling bee because I forgot the ‘p’ in raspberry (obviously at this point in my life I was not obsessed with food!)
- I am really lazy to get facebook :P
- My favourite chupa chup flavour is strawberries & cream
- My latest fangirling obsession is Andrew Garfield (I have been looking for an opportunity to put his beautiful self on blog!)
- I firmly believe that Rose hogged all the space on the wood plank – Jack could have lived!!!!!!!!!!! (Referencing Titanic)
- If I could have any superpower, I would want to be a shapeshifter (but not X-Men style because blue, leathery skin is not my thing ;))
Secondly, a very awesome blogger, Pamela @ Spoon Feast has awarded me a most exotic sounding award, the Premio Cake Blog di Qualità. I do believe it is Italian! :D Thank you my friend so much for this award, it means a lot. If you, my readers. have yet to visit this blog, I say do it soon because she is just a fabulous all rounded professional chef!
Rules to this award are:
- Tell 7 things where sweet has influenced your life
- Pass it along to 3 other fellow bloggers
My 7 sweet influences:
- Chocolate – Kind of self explanatory, (if you know me then you know my obsession) there are so many varieties to choose and mix around and of course there is the taste… and what a taste!
- Ice Cream – Just thinking of it makes my mouth water – if that is not love I do not know what is ;)
- Cadbury – Yes I know, I already mentioned chocolate but this particular brand has so many varieties that it inspires me to get more out of the box with my own baking!
- Jelly Beans – Fun, colourful and full of zest – isn’t that what sweets are all about?
- Caramel – Ever since learning how to make it at home, it has given me a new ingredient to add into anything I make! Just because I can :D
- Cream Cheese Frosting – I will happily whip up a batch and eat it whole – who needs a cake?
- Puff Pastry – In both savoury and sweet, I devour this as the best bit and leave the middle (if it is unwanted) because it is crispy, flakey and so beautifully golden!
Finally, sweet Grace @ Everything With Grace, who has ballet, photography and cooking talent at only the age of 12!!, awarded me the Sweet Blog Award which I am really happy to receive! Thank you very much :D
For all these blog awards, I will nominate 10 people – congrats to these fantastic bloggers :)
- Gina @ SP Cookie Queen
- Moveable Feasts
- Joanne @ Eats Well With Others
- Burlesque Baker
- Anna @ Icy Violet’s Kitchen
- Ames @ A Melbourne Girl At Heart
- Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake
- Months Of Edible Celebrations
- One Perfect Bite
- Alice @ Nom Nom Cat
Just before I leave you all and bid a good night, I must tell you a very good night, you may have noticed that I did not reply to all comments in my last post. I am just as thankful as ever to everyone who comments and do read everyone but however time restrictions can only allow me to reply to everyone or visit their blogs and the latter takes priority. I will always visit blogs, continue to comment and all but replies will now only happen to general inquiries or opinionated feedback my friends. I hope you understand :)