So you know that I am having my exams this week and next week. One this week, 4 next week. No justice right?
I am essaying it up in history and English, trying to understand the French news and right now, mathsing (yes it is a word… now ;)) like there is no tomorrow. Fun no?
No, actually not really, but I take solace in going through your blogs, commenting and basically enjoying myself as such as possible before I have to go and do some more work :P
Anyway, I decided to put a positive spin on my not-so-awesome life right now by using it to my advantage. Is that even possible?
Surprisingly, yes – I have come to realise through extensive research (a.k.a. thinking :D) that because I have very limited time to indulge myself in my hobbies, this is the perfect time to find and make all those two-minute recipes :D
In my case, I cannot say for you because I am not sure, but if I have time, I want to spend it in the kitchen. Always. More often than not, this means making dozens of cookies or frosted cheesecakes and I completely forget about all those quick recipes because, to be brutality honest, they just DO NOT give enough kitchen time.
But right now, they are exactly what any student needs. Something to whip up when your brain gives or something to chew to stop the pain in your hand from excessively writing. Something delicious, scrumptious and drool worthy without requiring 20 bowls and 10 stirring spoons. Something that wakes you up in the morning so well that you go ‘Let’s hit the books’ (ok, I have never said that but still!)
Check out these links:
Here is another recipe to add to this list. Fast, easy and delicious, you will never want to make French toast the long way again ;)
This breakfast woke me so fast and has such little prep time, it’s a miracle I am not eating it for lunch and dinner too!
Enjoy mes copains!
Overnight Microwave [Banana-Choc] French Toast For One
Adapted From: Steph’s Bite By Bite
Serves: 1 busy person!
- 1 thick cut slice bread – brioche, fruit bread, wholemeal – your choice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup full cream milk
- 2 tbs melted butter, cooled to lukewarm
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs maple syrup/brown/caster sugar + extra maple syrup to serve with
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbs chocolate chips/chunks – optional (can replace with nuts or caramel chips etc.)
- 2 tbs crushed cereal (I used cornflakes)
- Toss the sliced bananas in lemon juice to keep from browning
- Cut your bread slice into 12 cubes (use 2 pieces if bread is too small)
- In a large coffee mug, place half the bread slices and top with half banana slices and sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Layer with remaining bread pieces, bananas and chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix the milk, butter, egg, cinnamon, essence and syrup/sugar until well combined
- Pour over bread mixture into mug and cover mug with cling wrap and refrigerate overnight (2-3 hours minimum)
- Wake up in the morning and laugh at everyone having cereal
- Remove wrap and sprinkle crushed cereal on top
- Place mug into microwave for 1 minute on high, then 30 seconds more and then another 30 seconds – WARNING: It will smell insanely good and be hot :D
- Enjoy with additional maple syrup, fruit [and chocolate and ice cream]
A big thank you on behalf of SM for all her birthday wishes everyone, much appreciated! Also, thank you for all the good lucks on my exams :)
Also The Lady 8 Home was kind enough to award me the Food Stories Award which I appreciate so much but unfortunately and fortunately, I am actually part of the judging panel for this award so therefore am not eligible! Thank you though Minnie, it is most sweet of you :D
I guess that wraps up another weekend now, hope you all had a great one – two more weeks until National Ice Cream Month begins *grins like an idiot in love* :D :D :D