CCU Undercover: Moo Gourmet Burgers

– Posted in: Fudge and Truffles, Miscellaneous

After the last classy, sophisticated walk through the sands, CCU needed a break. She came home that night to a dimly lit apartment, her stomach full and her food heart (yes, she has two hearts, one for loving food and one for loving people) content.

She kicked off her high heels, wishing for ugg boots and jeans on her next outing. ‘Who needs evening dresses?’ she thought to herself, though deep down it was her exhaustion speaking.

Slumped, she fell asleep only to dream of the most perfect burger. Soft, fluffy with a filling so fresh, McDonald’s could legitimately be sued.
And now she shares her quest of finding and enjoying this dream burger with you all in another:

*****************************************************************************
Find it a little off putting I speak in third person up there? Don’t worry, only for story telling purposes and mood setting ;)

**Did you know: Caesar used to speak about himself in third person all the time? What a… unique and different quality :P

Anyway, so as you have read up there, I tasted probably the most dreamiest and most delicious burger partnered with perfect fries a couple of days ago. How do I put this, oh yes, I. Was. In. Heaven.

But let us start the journey from the beginning shall we?

My brother and I went out for lunch together, and I had planned Moo Burger for ages after reading several reviews on it, stalking its menu and flickring its photos ;)

I had built up this image in my head already and I must admit, I was a little worried I was going to be disappointed – what a pointless waste of thought that was :P

We entered into a very cosy style of restaurant, almost immediately  making me at least, feel as if I had just come home. But that home had come from the 70s.

There was a giant, psychedelic cow, the symbol for Moo Burger painted on the wall, and actually, the bright colours were not off putting, almost endearing to the image of the restaurant. Maybe also because directly underneath it was a cow patch fabric couch but whatever ;)

It was overall very, unpretentious as my brother coined it, as far as a cafe-eatery goes (I would not call it a restaurant) – simplicity but retro style, funky music in the back, a small gumball machine and walls plastered with children’s drawings connecting to the shop. Nothing flashy, a little sassy, cool and chintzy, with full on self-advertising without making the customers feel like they have walked into a ‘we are the best’ place.

My brother and I both loved it.

We came to ordering and for me, being a menu stalker, I already knew I wanted the Falafel Burger, though I tossed up between the crunchy onion rings or fries. Since there were only two of us, we decided to share a basket of fries which was a great idea considering how generously they serve their portions.

My brother’s eyes went straight to the Chicken Parmigiana Burger, as this is his favourite style of chicken. One thing you should know about my brother. He is traditional. He likes his meals straight, not often with fancy twists. Hence he of course, had a simple chocolate milkshake.

Really not too fancy, so I took one photo of it (though I love the straw!) – I took a sip and saw immediately why my brother loved it. Intensely chocolatey but not an overboard taste in the mouth, cool and refreshing and thicker than a regular milkshake but thinner than a thickshake. Served in a chilled milkshake glass. Perfect.

Chocolate Milkshake ($5)

My drink? I was a wreck. I wanted all of the Moo Shakes ;)! I mean, Maltesers blended with chocolate syrup, Snickers and nuts and caramel in a drink? How was I to choose!!?? I think I thought ‘I will have this for sure’ at least 20 times before the words actually had any meaning! I eventually decided on the Strawberries & Cream Moo Shake because my favourite burger-milkshake combo is with strawberry.

Strawberries & Cream Moo Shake – Strawberries, malt & whipped cream ($7)

This drink brings out the love in me, and I quote, I said to my brother ‘This is summer in my mouth’ – A light and malted flavour whipped cream topping a smooth, thick and slightly artificial (the good kind) thick strawberry milkshake with a kick from extra malt flavour. I cannot even begin to say how awesome it was and how hard I found it not to gulp the entire drink down in one. Furthermore, the presentation made this milkshake gourmet. A gourmet milkshake? Not very common :D – But Moo Burger claims to serve gourmet burgers (a.k.a menu) so they have full marks right now!

Next came the food, quick and fresh out of the kitchen. My brother, actually changed his mind to get a Big Moo after ordering so in less than 2 minutes, he rushed back to change. Apparently the chicken was already in the fryer! Now that is service!

My brother certainly did not regret his choice though. Although I only have the one shot to show you since the chips were in our middle (hehe, shame :P), the chicken was a large, perfectly crumbed piece, so large that it daintily stuck out the side of the sandwich. Crunchy on the outside, soft inside :)
There was a beautiful piece of eggplant which seemed to be roasted as well and oodles (but not overwhelmingly) of wonderful melted cheese and sauce…

Chicken Parmigiana Burger – Crumbed free range chicken breast,
thick cut mozzarella, eggplant, baby spinach,
home-made mayonnaise & tomato relish ($16.50)

Still being on my Moroccan kick, I opted for the Falafel Burger, although there were three very delicious vegetarian options, something I am definitely not used to in burger joints. My burger came with fresh salad and patty, and the condiments all along the side which I loved. Tzatziki, hummus and a tomato relish to rock the world! I put on as much as I desired, coating my bread and what a burger it became. The falafel was soft with a wonderful flavour to it, spiced perfectly.

Falafel Burger – Falafel, tomato, mixed leaf lettuce,
hummus, tzatziki & home-made chilli jam
served on the side ($13.50)

In regards to the burgers, I just want to point out that their buns were the best I have ever seen. They were the reason that the burgers were not extremely heavy as they were so soft, fluffy and light. Spectacular. I also liked that yes, you have to stretch your jaw muscles to eat but it was not a huge filling to burger ratio, making it comfortable to enjoy :)

Lastly, the chips. The prize-winning, award worthy, gourmet French fries. Personally, I can only believe that they were so crunchy yet so soft inside because they must have been double fried. No doubt it makes the most difference :D
I also loved the basket it came in, very high class indeed!

Hot Chips – Basket of chunky home-style chips ($7)

General Overview of Moo Burger

• Very fast, friendly, efficient service
  • I love the accessibility of the place – self serve water available, newspapers at the ready, all condiments at your disposal + tomato sauce & seasonings at your table with napkins – made dining an easy experience
  • Comfortable seating – couches, tables, stools and bar style, it catered to everyone and there were pillows :D
  • Fantastic unpretentious interior which is really welcoming, nothing is daunting
  • Lives up to its name – gourmet burgers no doubt!
  • Fantastic gluten-free and dairy-free options so all-diet friendly

Rating: 10/10 – a perfect burger joint – it gives you everything you expect

Booking: Unnecessary

Other Reviews:

Address & Contact Details:

Website: http://www.moogourmetburgers.com.au/
Menu: http://www.moogourmetburgers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Download-your-menu-here4.pdf

Address:

232 King Street
Newtown NSW
2042

Number: 9565 4001

Moo Gourmet Burgers on Urbanspoon

*****************************************************************************
After our little lunch, my brother and I were stumped for a dessert. We did not wish for ice cream because of our gorgeous milkshakes so we got confused and left it *gasp*. I mean maybe a Mookie (Moo Burger Cookie) but they are only available at Manly! Hmmph :P

I now realise what would have hit the spot perfectly. Some good fudge. Some smooth, creamy, dreamy fudge.
So I wanted a nice big batch, some to keep, some to share with friends etc. but sometimes fudge doesn’t turn out the way you want… especially if it is your first time doing one of those thermometer needing candy style fudges but you choose a gorgeous recipe which does it by timing.

You see, I usually make my fudge the easy way. I put a couple of ingredients in a saucepan, stir them around, add in some nuts, pour into a pan and BAM. The fudge is good to go. Now I know that the real fudge is made with a much more complex method involving soft-ball stages, candy thermometers and stuff like that.

I never thought I would make one but I found this amazing recipe for maple nut fudge. I did not see any Celsius or Fahrenheit so I saved it but upon making it, I realised this blogger did it according to timing. Ok, no biggy whatever. Haha… biggy ;)

I followed the recipe I had adapted it to, and got the most amazing recipe in the world. After 7 minutes of cooking post-boiling, the soft-ball candy stage had still not come so I increased the heat slightly, cooked for 2 more minutes then called it quits. The mixture was pretty thick and everything looked well. Hahahahaha…. *hysterical laughing*

When I check on the fudge it is not set. It is as cold as the tiles in winter but it is definitely not set. Uh oh… maybe I should have checked soft ball stage continuously, even if it wasn’t according to time ;)
I thought harm was done but then I looked at texture. It was thick, smooth and glossy just. not. set. So I dipped an Arnott’s Scotch Finger and so began, a beautiful friendship with my Maple Nut Fudge… Dip :D
Smooth, flavourful, slightly nutty-chunky, where had it been all my life? :P

Monty Python was wise – remember ‘Always look on the bright side of life’ :D

Anyway, choose to make this fudge, definitely use Ann’s sweetened condensed milk recipe but keep soft-balling trial till you soft-ball ;)
I just added in some walnuts and peanuts (chopped) and this dip was a hit. One of the most delicious maple flavoured gems I have ever tasted!

Comments

comments

124 Comments… add one

Saskia (1=2) September 10, 2012, 2:48 am

That looks like a SERIOUSLY good burger place. I drooled a little bit reading your post, then realised it’s not in Melbourne! D’oh. We have Grill’d though, and they’re pretty fine.

Choc Chip Uru September 10, 2012, 2:56 am

Oh it was definitely amazing :D – haha looks like you have to come on up to Sydney! And I have heard Grill’d are incredible too :)
Wonderful to meet you!

Choc Chip Uru

Heather July 26, 2012, 5:27 pm

WOW your falafel burger looked amazing! When I saw the first pic I thought to myself, those are awesome burger buns!

Yudith @ Blissfully Delicious July 24, 2012, 1:10 am

Uru, I seriously can NOT, I said, can NOT come here to check out your blog before my meals or I’d drool all over the keyboard. What a great looking burger ;-)

viveka July 23, 2012, 4:29 pm

This is a place in my taste … both looks and food!!! Love the cow theme. Thanks for the video – it’s so mad. Where at a trendy burger place in Victoria yesterday – very busy, but it wasn’t more than okay. Nothing wrong with the burgers, but when I compare them with burgers at “Gourmet Burger Kitchen” in UK – they were only halfway there. Great photos by the way.

Parsley Sage July 21, 2012, 9:50 pm

Holy Cow! That milkshake is TO.DIE.FOR! Forget the burger, just keep bringing me the shakes, sista!

Terra Baltosiewich (@CafeTerraBlog) July 21, 2012, 7:39 pm

I love the name of that restaurant, I would totally have to go too! AND that strawberries and creme shake is just too pretty, I bet it was AWESOME! Hugs, Terra

The Squishy Monster July 21, 2012, 6:24 pm

also, I wonder if it’d be weird if The Squishy Monster were to begin to refer to herself only in 3rd person from now on LOL

Sandra - The Foodie Affair July 21, 2012, 4:58 pm

I’m partial to chocolate, but your strawberry shake looks delicious! Good choice :) Wish there was a Moo Burger where I live!!

Cat Protectress July 21, 2012, 4:22 pm

While away I’ve been missing your blog. Got the chance to visit today and I realize exactly how much I miss it. AWESOME post once again, it looks like burger shop heaven! Thanks and cheers to you. :)

burlesquebaker July 21, 2012, 3:02 pm

I kinda love that this place is called “Moo Burgers”. Hilarious! And mmmmmmm fudge! You make such delicious treats, Choc Chip Uru!

Savory Simple July 21, 2012, 1:21 pm

Everything looks delicious!

The Messy Baker July 21, 2012, 12:09 pm

All of that food looks amazing. How far away do you live again :) I, too, struggle with picking out the perfect milkshake. There are always too many delicious choices. The psychedelic cow is awesome.

P.S.- I need some of that fudge.

Nami | Just One Cookbook July 21, 2012, 8:35 am

I love a burger joints which serves GOOD milkshake in those cups. I have several gourmet burger joints around my house that I like. Got some craving for my favorite strawberry milkshake now. This place looks like a wonderful place, especially you gave 10/10!! Take me~! :D

Jenny @ Ichigo Shortcake July 21, 2012, 6:53 am

Moooooo! It looks like such a good burger place! Love the looks of that milk shake as well!

Tisa July 21, 2012, 5:56 am

When I first started reading this I was wondering how you would eat a burger ( since you’ve mentioned you don’t meat, then realized several lines down it was a falafel burger. Good choice, Ms. Uru and the critiquing is so fine. The maple nut fudge is super luxury afterwards, I love how you dolloped it into a pudding dish ( can never have enough fudge, right?)

libishski July 21, 2012, 5:54 am

I want to go here!

I’m not from Sydney but I’ve come across this name as I’ve had to deal with them at work once haha. If I’m in Bondi, I will definitely check them out :)

Food Stories July 21, 2012, 1:08 am

Wow … What a foodie adventure … Love the falafel and those lovely milkshakes :-)

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen July 20, 2012, 11:52 pm

A super burger followed by a super fudge, and maple! Who cares about the rest? Love, love, love monty python

Sammie July 20, 2012, 8:30 pm

Hi Uru. That burger looks delicious!! I love eating out like you too! Glad to be introduced to these awesome places in Aussie!

Kate July 20, 2012, 8:22 pm

Looks fantastic! I bet it tasted delicious! Very tasty, indeed.

elena-sweetlife July 20, 2012, 8:17 pm

Hi Uru, I’m back and I couldn’t wait anymore to visit your blog!
This MOO place looks amazing! Never seen something like that here in Italy! And your milkshake is unbelievable!!!

atasteofmadess July 20, 2012, 6:42 pm

Hahah, never knew about that tidbit! I think Cathleen will be speaking in third person more ofter ;)
Those burgers look SO good! Also, I’ve never had a “summer in your mouth” kind of milkshake before. But I will seek out one, no worries!

Rhonda (@diningalone) July 20, 2012, 5:42 pm

The burgers look awesome, but that pink drink looks even better :) I am glad you had a great experience! Have a wonderful weekend!

Caroline July 20, 2012, 5:38 pm

OMG you’re making me so hungry…those burgers and fries look incredible! Well, so do the milkshakes. Really, everything you ate. Jealous!

Jenn and Seth (@HomeSkilletCook) July 20, 2012, 5:21 pm

love the dip :)

Kim Bee July 20, 2012, 5:04 pm

Seriously wicked cool place. I would want to live there and never leave. I mean I love cows. They’re so cute. I need a Moo here. Why don’t we have Moo here?

thyme (Sarah) July 20, 2012, 3:15 pm

What a burger experience enjoyed and remembered! Now you have your ‘special occasion’ joint all picked out for you and your brother! I can’t say that we have the ultimate burger spot in our world…but we might need to remedy that and get out there!

Nichole@DulceDelicious July 20, 2012, 2:34 pm

That burger joint looks outstanding as does your fudge! Yum to both!!!

Hannah (BitterSweet) July 20, 2012, 2:24 pm

The combination of milkshake and fries is absolutely unbeatable. I can’t remember the last time I had it, but now I’m craving just that! If only there were more places around serving vegan milkshakes… It’s not like they’re hard to do! Ah well, I’ll keep looking at your photos and pretending they’re MOO-less. ;)

Sophie33 July 20, 2012, 1:42 pm

My husband & I only eat home-made burgers at home but these burgers at the other end of the world, look very appetizing, great & well flavoured too! :) Too bad that it is in Australia! :(

Norma Chang July 20, 2012, 12:48 pm

My kind of burger joint. Love the decor, that psychedelic cow is so cool.

Joanne July 20, 2012, 12:32 pm

You’re killing me here! I want a burger and shake SO BADLY and it’s only 8:30AM!!!

Miriam July 20, 2012, 5:17 am

That meal looks fabulous!!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. July 20, 2012, 1:43 am

I love sweet dips and this one looks fantastic!

Daisy@Nevertoosweet July 20, 2012, 12:56 am

Ohhh this looks like a great place for burgers and remember seeing other reviews damnn it i’m in melbourne lol if not i’d definitely go visit :) OHHH i always love your desserts!!! Homemade ones are the best!

girlinafoodfrenzy July 20, 2012, 12:03 am

Love a good burger and I’m definitely game to try a chicken parmigiana burger (who knew such a thing existed!) I’m with you revthe milkshake, strawberry all the way!

Plus that maple nut fudge, definitely indulge yourself moment for the weekend!

Zoe July 19, 2012, 11:17 pm

Thanks for your undercover review of this restaurant. I would love to dine in this place if I’m visiting Sydney and I will order the falafel burger!

DJ@bakingperfection.com July 19, 2012, 11:16 pm

Great post. I’ll def have to try out that fudge! I LOVE anything and everything with maple!! :)

amy donovan (@amy_donovan) July 19, 2012, 10:06 pm

oh yum, this meal sounds amazing! i love that there were plenty of great vegetarian and non-red-meat options – that’s awesome so that you can go with a big group + everyone can find something to eat. =) your falafel burger has inspired me to make falafel tomorrow, by the way – thank you!!

amy donovan (@amy_donovan) July 19, 2012, 10:07 pm

oh, + i’ve been posting at funny times (as opposed to my usual 6 AM posting time), so it’s thrown all the email subscription notifications off. you should still get one for my most recent post, but it probably won’t arrive for another hour or so! =) thanks for checking in about it!

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:34 pm

Haha ok thats cool thanks for explaining – I love your posts :D

Kelly @ My love affair with running July 19, 2012, 9:35 pm

I have always walked past Moo Burgers in Bondi but have never actually eaten there.

I love the sound of 3 vegetarian options… :) I know where I will be going this weekend!

Great review :D

Brittany July 19, 2012, 8:09 pm

As you know, I am not an animal eater..but this place looks adorable, and delicious!! Your burger looks great..the FRIES look unreal!! AND THAT ICE cream shake thing YUM!

grace July 19, 2012, 7:57 pm

soft fudge is better than no fudge at all! and boy, i could go for a strawberry shake right about now!

Cucina49 July 19, 2012, 7:46 pm

A good burger and fries are worth their weight in gold! Shoot, now I’m craving one. Darn it.

mybeautfulthings July 19, 2012, 7:18 pm

Fabulous photos of all that delicious food.You and your brother certainly had a treat. Hope the rest of your hols are as much foodie fun!:)

bakeawaywithme.com July 19, 2012, 6:24 pm

I would have gone for the falafel burger with hummus, too! One of my favorite fast foods!! Great photos!

Minnie(@thelady8home) July 19, 2012, 5:06 pm

I could spend HOURS reading a menu and still not be decided on what to order, hahahaha! It drives my hubby nuts.

Uru, you sure MISSED out on those chicken burgers. That thing look fabulous. Your drink is so inviting. Not good for my HDL cholesterol I am sure.

Neither is that yuummmmmmm looking fudge, but at this moment, I don’t really care. It looks rocking.

Andrea Bai July 19, 2012, 4:08 pm

I totally look at menus before I eat too! My husband thinks I’m weird, but I’m glad I’m not the only one ;) That dip looks…heavenly!

Inger Wilkerson July 19, 2012, 4:07 pm

Well finally got out the award thank you/nominees officially at: http://artofnaturalliving.com/2012/07/19/chicken-piccata-gift-bags-and-an-award/ Thanks again!

OMG, this is the most dangerous post to read right before lunch. I am even hungrier now!

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:33 pm

I saw this post thank you for sending me the link :D
It was awesome!

Becky July 19, 2012, 3:38 pm

You always have the most fun posts, beautiful pictures and wonderful recipes. I am so impressed that someone so young is so adventurous and skilled in the kitchen. That is why I have nominated your blog for the The Addictive Blog Award! Please check out my blog to get the details: http://thebakerbecky.blogspot.com/2012/07/caribbean-turkey-jerk-sliders-with.html

Keep up the great posts!

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:32 pm

Thank you so much my friend for the kind words and award :)
It means a lot to me!

rooth July 19, 2012, 3:08 pm

Crap that place looks fantastic! Ugh and that milkshake. It goes without saying that I’m super jealous

juanitascocina July 19, 2012, 3:02 pm

Oh my gosh. I love that restaurant!!!

Tara July 19, 2012, 2:00 pm

okay, so I know you’re clear on the other side of the planet and all, BUT, if you’re ever in Seattle, the best burger in town is at the Palace Kitchen (a Tom Douglas restaurant)…do his Palace Burger “Royale”. It’s absolute heaven! And your fudge post made me smile. Reminded me of a flopped banana cream pie I once made. Never actually set firm, but tasted delicious as a topping over ice cream:)

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:31 pm

Mmmm thanks for the tip my friend – off to buy some tickets (one way) to Seattle ;)

Hannah July 19, 2012, 1:16 pm

That’s an awesomely psychedelic cow on the wall!

Asmita (@FoodieAsmita) July 19, 2012, 1:08 pm

Those burgers look so inviting. i am big into milkshakes too. I am starving after reading your post. looks like for dinner tongith we are eating burgers.

Joanne July 19, 2012, 12:23 pm

The first photo of the restaurant almost looks like a bedroom :)
The food is wonderful. You guys sure know how to eat! Now I’m hungry.

eliotthecat July 19, 2012, 12:17 pm

Well, Eliot loves this post. Eliot also would love MOO. I love the decor and those burgers and shakes. Oh, my!

Ramona July 19, 2012, 12:15 pm

What a cool looking restaurant!! I would eat there with my kids… they would love it. :)

Barbara July 19, 2012, 12:11 pm

Doesn’t it make you wonder why anyone even sets foot in McDonalds?
Loving that strawberry shake.

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:31 pm

I second that ;)

navane64 July 19, 2012, 11:38 am

goosh, I am hungry and more hungry reading through and looking at the pics, the burger and milkshake, tempting and gorgeous.

Ruth July 19, 2012, 10:06 am

Everything looks so so delicious! Your post made me so hungry, I love falafel and the dip looks amazing :-)

Tandy July 19, 2012, 9:58 am

What a great review and now I want a burger – any type will do :) Sometimes the best recipes come out of ‘mistakes’!

Sawsan@ Chef in disguise July 19, 2012, 9:39 am

I love your reviews CCU, they are so detailed and informative yet with your wonderful sense of humor which makes them more appealing

Carolyn Chan July 19, 2012, 8:09 am

I had to really concentrate and remind myself that this was a post on burgers after I saw your pics of the shakes – I forgot how decadent they make them back in Oz with all those lashings of whipped cream and syrup. Calorie busting just looking at the pictures ! The burgers looked pretty delish too !

Trip to Heaven July 19, 2012, 4:54 am

Is it wrong to say it is Moo-Tastic? very interesting.. like your angle on it.. Yeah.. thx for article.

Megan July 19, 2012, 4:36 am

I want to go there!!!

bitsandbreadcrumbs July 19, 2012, 3:54 am

Moo burger looks like my kind of place…and that falafel burger looks especially good…and the milkshakes…and the fries…

bitsandbreadcrumbs July 19, 2012, 3:56 am

love anything Monty Python, too! :)

My Inner Chick July 19, 2012, 3:14 am

Ahhh, Choc. You always thrill me w/ your brilliant words … for example: ” This is summer in my mouth’ FABULOUS.

And the eggplant looks DEeeelish.

You. Rockk.

Kambrook (@KambrookAU) July 19, 2012, 1:47 am

What a delicious desert… any thing with sweetened condensed milk has to be good. Love the restaurant you found… I often drive past Newston, so I might just have to pop in.

Balvinder July 19, 2012, 1:46 am

Seems like a giant meal to me with strawberry moo cream and Moroccan burger. Glad that you had fun with your brother. Do they carry gluten free burgers?

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:29 pm

Everything is available in gluten free, dairy free and organic options :D

Reeni (@Reeni_Spice) July 19, 2012, 12:49 am

Everything is making my mouth water! I love your falafel burger and that strawberry shake! How could you find room to eat that fudge? I would too! It’s irresistible.

sugaredpecan July 19, 2012, 12:19 am

You are just too smart! Looks delicious! They say the best things come from accidents!

Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} July 18, 2012, 11:14 pm

Oh my goodness, I so want a Moo in the UK. Where have they been all my life. The shakes look amazing but I so would have gone with the strawberry shake too. And the burgers? Wow! I love Tzatziki too so am completely drooling at everything. And the happy accident creating the fudge dip? Love!!!

Lisa at fLVE July 18, 2012, 9:44 pm

I love Falafel and that burger looks so yummy. Sounds like a great visit. :)

thehungryartist July 18, 2012, 8:41 pm

Could it possibly be the same Moo Burger?! One just opened a couple of months ago in our neighborhood and we went for my birthday (in June)! We loved it sooo much. I got the Greek one. They also serve maple syrup with the sweet potato fries which were amazing. I’m thinking it can’t possibly be the same company but they have the same mentality perhaps!

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:29 pm

Haha it most certainly might be my friend but the menu is coming soon so I cannot be sure – were there psychadelic cows because it not than no :P

Marina@ Picnic at Marina July 18, 2012, 8:01 pm

Great post Uru. I would have your burger too..:)

squishymonster July 18, 2012, 7:47 pm

You’re an incredible writer, my friend…this reminds me of an episode of How I Met Your Mother, lol =D

An Unrefined Vegan July 18, 2012, 7:05 pm

I’ve missed you, dear! As always, entertaining to mind, eyes and stomach!

Geni - Sweet and Crumby July 18, 2012, 6:25 pm

I just adore your positive attitude and way to spin everything so it’s sunnyside up. This maple dip looks incredible…especially with those cookies. Your Moo Burger reminds me of Umami Burger in LA (minus the decor). Umami goes for edgy LA, let’s squeeze ‘em like cattle (note joke please) vibe. So LA, so not kitchy or fun but absolutely DELISH! I am so happy you had your moo burger Uru. I love getting to spy on your food excursions.

Swathi July 18, 2012, 6:14 pm

You can become restaurant food reviewer. You writes very well. I like that falafel burger.

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:27 pm

Awww thank you so much my friend – and it is a dream to be paid to write reviews :)

Suzie July 18, 2012, 5:59 pm

Looks like a fun little cafe! Both of the burgers look delicious and those fries…yum! Your milkshake was gourmet, so pretty. I love your restaurant reviews, I just wish I could eat there :)

yummychunklet July 18, 2012, 5:54 pm

Wow. Everything looks great, especially those shakes!

Liz July 18, 2012, 5:43 pm

What a cute restaurant…your burger sounds marvelous! And I love your “invention” of maple dip :) I never trust those recipes for candy with minutes vs. temps…I am sure to mess those up!!! Have a great week, my friend!

kitchenriffs July 18, 2012, 5:35 pm

Chocolate and peanut butter are my two favorites flavors of fudge, but maple nut is right up there, too. MOO sounds like just my sort of place. Really enjoyed reading about your adventure – thanks.

dianeskitchentable July 18, 2012, 5:27 pm

that is some kinda chicken parm burger! And the shake – wow! Looks like a really fun place to go to.

sprint2thetable July 18, 2012, 5:22 pm

I’m impressed with the dessert after all that! Well played, my friend.

I’m with you on the strawberry shake and burger combo. That was one of my fav treats growing up. :)

thekalechronicles July 18, 2012, 5:18 pm

Candy-making takes practice, CCU, which should not be a problem for you given your love of sugar. Get to work! If I lived in your neighborhood I would surely go to Moo Burgers and have the falafel and a chocolate shake (unless they have coffee malts, my absolute favorite).

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:26 pm

Haha I promise I will once I buy a candy thermometer ;)

Robin Jean Marie July 18, 2012, 4:11 pm

It seems like that’s day to satisfy a hungry heart. ;-)

The Scrumptious Pumpkin July 18, 2012, 3:51 pm

Oh my, I would love one of those strawberry shakes right about now! I’m wishing Moo Burger would open a restaurant in my hometown. Or maybe not – I’m thinking I’d get too addicted to a place like that! :)

Katerina July 18, 2012, 3:25 pm

This place looks so cool and the food really good. I love maple syrup!

Kim @ Treats & Trinkets July 18, 2012, 3:19 pm

When you screw up a recipe and it still turns out well, my family calls that a blunder recipe. My aunt’s blunder cake (where she uses about half the flour called for) is practically famous, and my brother often asks for my blunder whoopie pies (I used a 1/3 cup scoop on the sugar instead of a 1/2 cup). Now you’ve joined the ranks with a blunder fudge dip. ;)

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:24 pm

Haha I love that concept – a blunder recipe :D

saffronandhoney July 18, 2012, 2:46 pm

I always enjoy your undercover reports and that place looks so cool! (I love the decor). Love the maple dip! Invention! :)

Year Of Healthier Living July 18, 2012, 2:45 pm

Yum!!!! Love falafel! And with hummus on top??? Sounds delish!!

Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook July 18, 2012, 2:20 pm

I’d love that place. Great choice on the falafel burger and shakes!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella July 18, 2012, 1:57 pm

They do my favourite chips here! They’re so good and just as you described them Uru! And thanks for the shoutout! :D

Barbara Bamber | justasmidgen July 18, 2012, 1:10 pm

It’s only 7 am here and I’m dying to have one of those burgers.. oh, the torture!! I’ll have to have a dry bowl of cereal instead. Life isn’t fair. Like the fudge.. but you turned it into something even better, I love your dip idea!! xoxo

Jennifer Eloff July 18, 2012, 1:03 pm

Wow, you have me SO hungry!! Good save on the Dip. :)

Hotly Spiced July 18, 2012, 12:39 pm

I haven’t been to this restaurant but it looks really good. Both burgers look amazing and those drinks! You could really fill up just on the generosity of the cream alone! I love how the fries look and how they’ve been presented. Great review Uru xx

Cakelaw July 18, 2012, 12:21 pm

I love a good burger myself, so I will have to remember this place next time I am in Sydney. Thge milkshake is a revelation – glorious.

Louise July 18, 2012, 11:59 am

That sure sounds like a cool place Uru. Are they in the states??? That cow is awesome!!! I do adore falafel anyway it’s served!!!

Thanks for sharing…

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:23 pm

I think they are Australian but maybe they are international – certainly checking worthy :D
They are awesome!

machisan July 18, 2012, 11:57 am

i love that burger… oh… the milkshake.. my favourite.

Spoon Feast July 18, 2012, 11:42 am

I have never had a milk shake; those have me wondering why.
Great looking falafel.
Lucky you to have youth on your side!
The “cookie dip” is a great idea. Best ideas often come from intentions not turning out right.

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) July 18, 2012, 11:38 am

I want to go to Moo Burger! That place looks awesome! Obviously, though, your brother is not as much of a traditionalist as I am. I would have gotten the most basic cheesburger and a vanilla (or…ok…maybe peanut butter/choc) shake. :P

Promenade Claire July 18, 2012, 10:44 am

Moo!! Loving the falafel burger. And I just adore Monty Python. Simples

Eva Taylor July 18, 2012, 10:41 am

Great review of the burger joint CCU. I find it peculiar that they call the chicken a burger; it’s not really, it’s a chicken sandwich served on a burger bun! The shakes look great, I can’t remember the last time I had one, so decadent.

Nic @diningwithastud July 18, 2012, 10:13 am

Fudge with scotch fingers? ZOMG want!!!

kalamitykelli July 18, 2012, 9:42 am

The Moo looks fun! Flafel is so good too! I would love a burger made of it! I’m glad to know that even the best chefs like you have things not turn out perfect every time!

Choc Chip Uru July 21, 2012, 10:21 pm

Awww I am definitely not a best chef but I appreciate the sentiment *gushes*
And a lot of things I make turn out… different ;)

Gabby @ the veggie nook July 18, 2012, 8:58 am

Looks delicious! I want a milkshake now ;)

Maureen @ Orgasmic Chef July 18, 2012, 7:17 am

LOL I love MOO ! It looks like someone’s converted garage off the kitchen. :) A perfect place to eat and relax.

The fudge cracked me up. You could call it a cookie dip and create a whole new product. Never disregard opportunity. :)

gourmetgetaway July 18, 2012, 7:10 am

Ohh these look seriously delicious. I would have to try the Moroccan Burger and the Strawberry milkshake that you had! YUM!