This is short, sweet and delicious – Part two will be coming in a few days time, I promise, just keep that patience ;)
And I mean short. Honestly, you guys will be majorly surprised considering I have trouble stopping my typing ;)
For now, enjoy the first part of this massively awesome dessert to come!
As you all know, ANZAC Day is coming up to commemorate our brave soldiers who fought in the world wars. I promise there will be more on that in Part 2.
For now, I would like to share with you all the best ANZAC cookie recipe ever.
They are soft, but crunchy on the outside, especially when straight from the oven :)
And the cookie flavour is magical, all dripping in golden syrup ;)
Adapted From: Exclusively Food
- 130g butter
- 3 tbs golden syrup
- 100g rolled oats
- 90g desiccated coconut
- 150g plain flour
- 85g brown sugar
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 tbs boiling water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs full cream milk (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper
- Stir butter and golden syrup over low heat until melted and combined
- Mix oats, coconut, flour and sugars together in a large bowl
- Combine baking soda and water and pour into the butter mixture
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir till combined – I needed the milk because my mixture was still a little dry to make into balls – use your judgement here :)
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place 5cm apart on the trays
- Flatten the biscuit balls with a fork
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden. The longer you cook, the crispier the cookie (and for the recipe to come, it will need to be crispy ;))
- Cool biscuits on a wire rack (or be like me and eat them straight up ;)
Don’t be mad guys :P
Part 2 coming soon!