Pi = 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716 – and it keeps going (if you really want to see, check this out!)
Lots of people do different things to honour yesterday/America’s Pi Day. Let us take for instance, my friends’ maths teachers. Mr S, well to put it nicely, is highly enamoured with Pi. As in, yesterday, he spent the entire period showing his class (and this is the smartest class in the school mind you) ‘Pi’ music videos and mercilessly singing along. *shudder* – but also kinda funny 😉
Being a food obsessed, maths hater that I am, it was only natural for me to think of pie. The real type of pie. Not some imaginary number that really does not make any sense 😛
Anyway, I was totally going to celebrate with an uber delicious, super gorgeous, terrific pie. And I would have if I could have. But a little thing in my life, called Yr 11, of course stopped me from sharing an aromatic homemade pie with the world/my area. So I had to make do with what little I could do. Me :)… I mean :(… 😉
I decided on these things when looking for a one person pie celebration recipe
- Had to have chocolate – My birthday baking of the past two weeks while yummy, has been absolutely torturous to my chocolate levels!
Well yes, really this was my only requirement 🙂
Easy to please no?
Anyway, I was fruitlessly (pun intended of course ;)) searching all over the web and in my cookbooks, when suddenly I found it. A one person cobbler recipe. And I don’t care if you don’t call it a pie but it is close enough for me – a shortcrust pastry with filling? A pie 😀
So, if the pictures have not told you already, I made one of the most indulgent cobblers imaginable. In a cute lil ramekin. Just for lil ol’ me 😉
Wishing you my loves a happy belated pi day (and if you are going to celebrate please do it right ;))
One Person Strawberry Hot Fudge Chocolate Cobbler Pie
Loosely Based From: The Kitchn
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 3-4 tbs (42-56g) butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 large strawberries, washed, cubed
- Homemade hot fudge sauce (I got you covered ;))
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Grease and sugar a ramekin
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Mix together as much hot fudge as you want with strawberries and pat into ramekin – should come to 1/2 way up but no more otherwise will completely burst out of pastry
- Mix together first 6 ingredients till doughy consistency
- Pat onto fruit filling, covering completely
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is a little dry and has a couple of cracks
- Cool for 2 minutes before dousing in ice cream, more hot fudge and strawberries
- You can change this recipe in infinite ways – to make a normal crust, add in 1/4 cup plain flour and remove cocoa powder, or add coconut instead – wait for crust to be golden before removing from oven
- If want only a fruity filling, macerate your fruit with sugar and lemon juice, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until juices released – use berries, peaches any fruit really
- Ditch the chocolate (if you are a little off…) – mix bananas/mangoes and caramel and dump it in with a golden crust (topped with crunchy biscuit pieces to make it Gaytime-esque 😀
I will say it before and I will say it again – Happy Belated Pi[e] Day 😀
There is no better way to spend the day than by celebrating food holidays 😉
Quick Note (words of wisdom from my chocolate calendar): “One third of the fat in chocolate comes from oleic acid, a healthy type of fat” 😀
See? The only reason I tell you to celebrate in each chocolate is because I love you and want you to be healthy 😉
I would also like to mention how the wonderful Terra of Cafe Terra awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award – Thank you so much my friend 🙂
Though I received this before, it came in a package so I did not know it’s requirements. But now I do 😀 – Basically I have to write 10 facts about myself (though you all already basically know my life story :P) and tag 6 bloggers to do the same (which is very difficult – sarcasm ;))
So here comes another fact flood because I am obviously a very interesting person 🙂
- I do Bollywood dancing with my friends at school every year – what, did you think all I did was bake? 😉
- I aspire to live in France (one day!)
- I have a huge fear of spiders – actually all bugs – I can’t kill them or even look at them without bursting into tears
- I love jam on both sides of my toast (but often forget and put my toast down on a plate :P)
- My ultimate dream wedding would will be on a beach in Hawaii with a Luau and bare-feet in the sand with Tiki torches (copyrighted ;))
- My favourite colour is red and/or green depending on my mood – Definitely Santa’s favourite little cherub 🙂
- I keep a stash of chocolate in my room to eat whenever I want boost up my energy while studying
- I own a perfume bottle in the shape of a bejewelled camel
- I am the worst bowler in the entire world
10. I am Indian. I can’t stand cricket – don’t throw tomatoes at me! 😛
Fun fact: I also received from the beautiful Donna at The Sugared Pecan the Sunshine Award! I appreciate it more than you will ever realise my friend 😀
Just like the Kreativ Blogger Award, this came as a part of that package but I would like to fulfil its requirements this time as well 😀
- Include the award logo in a post or on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they have been nominated
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you
The Ten Questions
- Favourite Colour – Oops, gave that in my answer before 😛
- Favourite Animal – Snow leopard!
- Favourite Number – I don’t do numbers 😛 – 13 because that is when I am born!
- Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink – I can’t have alcoholic drinks but I love juice-smoothie mock-tails…
- Prefer Facebook or Twitter – I don’t have either because I don’t see the need right now 🙂
- My Passion – Baking… and sweets 😀
- Prefer Getting or Giving Presents – Both!
- Favourite Pattern – Swirls (I draw them on my arm all the time)
- Favourite Day of the Week – Friday (specifically night :D)
- Favourite Flower – Frangipani of course 🙂
I am passing both these awards together on to 8 fabulous bloggers – enjoy my friends and please check them out because they richly deserve these 🙂
- Treat & Trick – The perfect mix of sweet and savoury, this lady not only cooks and blogs but is fantastic at both!
- Ruth @ Spring Of A Curious Seed – One of the sweetest bloggers, she is so down to earth though her recipes make me want to fly!
- Sawson @ Chef In Disguise – Definitely not someone to hide, I revere Sawson’s wonderful photography and definite cooking style
- Angie @ Angie’s Recipes – Popular blogger with very good reason – every dish is unique and mouthwatering!
- Bobbi @ BAM’s Kitchen – One of my oldest blogging friends, have you ever visited and lost your mind with all the delicious dishes? I know I have 😀
- Maureen @ The Orgasmic Chef – Such an awesome personality and funny but brilliant cook – love reading her posts!
- Maggie @ Kitchie Coo – One of the most perfect creators of home style cooking with a gourmet twist!
- Caroline @ Sweet Caroline’s Cooking – I love her blog. All I want to do is devour every picture she posts. I am not even kidding 🙂