So the other night, the Disney Princesses had this girly-girl, no fancy-shmancy husband princes allowed slumber party! All the cool princesses were allowed, not those 21st century ones, I mean, Ariel wanted to invite them but that is only because she met the Frog Princess while she was a Frog. Not the done thing at all (because that froggy smell still stuck to her… poor thing :P)
Anyway, here are the invites:
- Ariel – A super smiley redhead who was a mermaid and married and became a human. I know, if you were a mermaid, why in the world would you want to be human. Meh.
- Cinderella – Her name was Ella, she worked in the cinders for her evil step-family so it became Cinderella. She wishes everyone would stop reminding her of her traumatised adolescence.
- Jasmine – She brought her tiger, Rajah, with her and has the hottest and most manly husband. Everyone loves her because of her hair but that’s about it…
- Aurora – I am not going to mention the obvious but the after-effects of that spindle sleep have become a diagnosed condition for her. Plus she only wears leather now, afraid of any cloth because it came from a spindle.
- Belle – She has fur issues (she is a little bit of a neat freak and shedding hair is not good) but is a little flirtatious. Don’t tell the beast but I have seen her bat her eyelashes at some wolves of late…
And lastly Snow White. (Actually it should be the first considering she was the first officially Disney princess :))
So we all know Snow White right? You know, the fairytale with the chick with really retro short black hair (come one, she is a princess, they always have long hair) and the evil stepmother out to get her?
She is closest to Cinderella *shouts in background*, sorry, ELLA, due to their mummy issues. Well anyway, poor Snow White has the most unusual phobia. She is dead scared of apples.
Every since she took a bite of that poisoned one, she is quite paranoid. She cannot eat a nectarine or peach because it resembles an apple! She can’t even eat dried apple. Yes. It is serious. And because of it, her stepmother is laughing away in prison. Go figure.
So as much as this sleepover was for the princesses to enjoy themselves together and goss it up about Rapunzel’s new haircut or Mulan’s wedding, they needed to get Snow White over her fear of apples. They coaxed her with small pieces of skinned apples resembling potatoes and canned pie apple but she threw up or ran and hid in the closet.
So they called me, their fairy godsister. I am actually a great niece of Cinderella’s Bippity-Boppity-Boo godmother, didn’t you know?
And I had the perfect recipe in mind.
But with so. much. more.
The apple is so moist, tender, perfectly cooked and soft but still shape holdable😀 The filling for the apple absolutely melt into it, and the sugar caramelises as the maple syrup runs its juice in and around the apple. The best part?
It takes 2 minutes to make in the microwave. 2 minutes.
Baked apples never tasted so. damn. good.😀
Then she got into a catfight with the other princesses who all wanted a bite.
I think we may have a case of Snow White’s OCD with apples… but that is another story for another day😉
Enjoy mes amis!
Microwave Baked Apple For One
A Choc Chip Uru original recipe
Makes: One just for you!
- 1 large Pink Lady apple, washed and dried thoroughly
- 1 tbs walnuts/pecans, roughly chopped (I used half walnuts/ half caramel chips because it is my favourite new ingredient)
- 1 tbs raisins
- 1-2 tbs apple juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Mixed spice
- Maple syrup and Ice Cream to serve with
- Heat the apple juice in a glass in the microwave *this is optional, I did not do this because I made this after school*
- Place the raisins in the heated apple juice and let soak for 1/2 10-15 minutes *this is optional, I did not do this *
- Core the apple until 1/4 of the bottom remains – if you can, DO NOT remove the bottom completely – if you do, it is ok but the dessert may not look as nice in the end
- Combine spices and walnuts
- Drain the raisins (keep the liquid if desired)
- Combine caramel chips and raisins with walnuts, spices
- Fill the apple cavity with mixture
- Drizzle reserve apple juice in and around the apple (if no juice then use some maple syrup)
- Sprinkle with brown sugar
- Microwave on high in a deep bowl for 1 1/2 minutes and then 20 more seconds (that is how long mine took). Keep microwaving in 10 second intervals from her on it, checking the apple softness each time (a fork will pierce through easily but not mushy)
- Let apple cool (naaah, actually don’t ;)) and serve with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with more maple syrup!
****************************************************************************I would like to say that I got an award from Snow White for helping her but I am a common girl and they are princesses so of course they wouldn’t do that😉
Instead, an awesome blogging pal, Allen from Cook! Bake! Share! awarded me with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and I melted a little bit – thank you so much Allen and everyone reading, may I just say, it is very obvious why he received it!😀
This is one of the awards I refuse to hand out to others because I cannot single out inspiring bloggers. Each of you out there sharing your thoughts, recipes and life are awesome so as always, I give it out to you all with love🙂
I would also like to say thank you to you all for being so sweet and complimenting my new look for Go Bake Yourself😀😀😀
It is much appreciated!
The perks of having no homework one lucky, lucky night😉
On that note, you are guys are also the best in supporting me in my schoolwork! Thank you😀