I am kind of scared.
Being brutally honest here, I am doubting my abilities to do well in such intense exams.
It is normal, it is stressful, and 99% of New South Wales goes through exactly the same pressure.
Ok, I think I can make it through, if I think of it like that😛
But to get over my childish nerves, I believe a big stock of cookies is important.
Fat. Nutella Filled. Secret. Chocolate Chip. Cookies.
Oh cookies, keep me going. Only 4 weeks left. Only 4.
Au Revoir, if I literally translate it, means ‘To Resee’ – though used as a goodbye.
So I say it to you in its most literal sense.
The French once said it to the Germans, fuelling their ongoing rivalry, but I promise, I use it in a much less threatening manner😉
Au Revoir, my blogging friends. We shall meet again.
In the meantime though, as to not forget me, please make and eat a nice big batch of these cookies.
They are a touch addictive, I must admit😉
Hope you all stay well (100% guarantee if you eat these Nutella Stuffed Toffee-Chip Cookies!)
- 130g butter, divided in 1/2, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup SRF (self-raising flour), sifted
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted (some extra may be needed, 2-3 tbs)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon/allspice
- 1 cup chocolate chips + extra
- 1/2 cup Toffee Chips
- A nice big jar of Nutella
*For a pictorial in depth, view this post
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C and line two baking trays with baking paper
- Melt half the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally and let it brown – when smells nutty and turns brown, immediately take off heat and let cool
- Place other half of butter in a bowl and beat with all sugars until pale in colour – scrape down the bowl
- Add in brown butter to mixture and beat until well combined
- Add in egg to mixture and beat until just combined
- Beat in vanilla essence and golden syrup
- Sift both flours, cinnamon, salt in a large separate bowl. Stir chocolate chips through until coated and mixture is combine – Make sure the mixture is ‘rollable’ or can be scooped into your hand and moulded (putting it in the fridge for 30 minutes will yield thicker and easier cookies to handle)
- Take 1 tbs of dough and roll in hand before flattening into a disk
- Place 1 tsp of Nutella in the middle of the disk
- Form another disk from 1 tbs and then place on top of the Nutella
- Pinch edges together and then roll the dough into a ball and place on the tray
- Repeat with remaining dough
- Once on tray, use a fork to flatten all the biscuits
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are flat and baked – note they did not turn super golden for me, check their underside, it should be a gorgeous gold
- As soon as it comes out of the oven, pop on a couple of extra chocolate chips on top (or spread Nutella ;))
- Eat. I know you want to. Who waits anymore?😉
Au Revoir mes chéris!