Attempting Silence

Look, let me be honest. I do not have many flaws. In fact, hah, it was very hard for me to come up with the one I will tell you about today. After all, I am just about 100% perfect.

pb fudge 16Wow, doesn’t someone need to eat some humble pie… πŸ˜‰

Unlike the above description of yours truly, I do lots of things wrong, lots of weird things and well, am around 1% perfect – but that is what makes me human πŸ˜€ – and a question, is 1% perfect even possible???

pb fudge11So what am I going to tell you about today? The fact that sometimes, I just need to shut up. See how I emphasise that? I love to talk. I really do. I will keep going and going, love talking during the movies because another thing, I love being sarcastic. Who would’ve thought right? Ugh, there I go again πŸ˜›

But the thing is though, I can only talk and talk and talk if I really know you, if we have been friends long enough for me to take a cookie from you without asking (but always a thank you). So to you people that I do that to, yeah, sorry for incessantly talking πŸ˜‰

And I admit that I have not truly ‘met’ you all, but I think you know more than well how much I like to talk through my posts. They just keep going and going, and poor you all, keep reading and reading!

pb fudge 17So today, I am being the epitome of modest (can’t help myself can I?) and decided to give you a silent post. One where you smile while looking at the photos instead of listening to me blabber on like I have a tendency to do πŸ˜›

And now as I type up this post, I have to smile because I have written 1 A4 page already describing why I will not ‘speak’ today… goood πŸ˜‰

Enjoy the silence (as long as it lasts) and the photos!

pb fudge 12pb fudge 10
Ok, can’t keep my mouth shut any longer, I want to describe to you the taste that is this amazing fudge! Yes, yes, I know it is chocolate to the max and with only just publishing my 100th chocolate post, you’d think I was all out, but in my defense, many wonderful people did request 100 more πŸ˜‰
This is a sweet melt-in-the-mouth addiction which will make your dentists shake their heads (so eat it after). One piece goes a long way, but I guarantee you will have two anyway πŸ˜‰

*****************************************************************************

Microwave Chocolate Swirled Peanut Butter Fudge
Original Recipe

Makes: 16-24 pieces, depending on size

Ingredients

• 220g butter
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter

PB is not optional ;)

PB is not optional πŸ˜‰

• 1 tbs vanilla essence
  • 400g icing mixture (powdered sugar)
  • 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
  • 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts (optional)

Method

1. Place peanut butter and butter in a large, microwave safe bowl
    pb fudge 7
  2. Cover with plastic wrap, poke holes in it to let out steam and microwave for 1 minute 50 seconds on high
    pb fudge 9
  3. Stir, replace plastic and microwave once more for 1 minute and 40 seconds on high
  4. Add vanilla and powdered sugar in and mix vigorously until mixture has no glean from the butter and is very thick
  5. Add in chocolate chips but do not stir for 3 minutes
  6. After 3 minutes, gently stir so the melted chocolate swirls through the peanut butter (I overdid this a little so the swirl is not so clear in my fudge bars)
  7. Stir through nuts if using gently then pour into a 20cm by 20cm tin lined with baking paper
    pb fudge 8
  8. Cover loosely with a layer of baking paper and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until set
  9. Cut in desired sized pieces and store in fridge, separated by small layers of baking paper

pb fudge 13Notes

• You can swirl anything into this fudge like Nutella or caramel if *sigh* chocolate is not your baby

*****************************************************************************

Yep, still here, vocal chords still ragingly fit πŸ˜€

Firstly, it is very important that you all know I am NOT sending out spam intentionally and it seems my email, go_bake_yourself@yahoo.com.au may have caught a virus. I have changed the password and am trying to make a new account where I will be able to export all my original emails, folders and contacts into but I will give further notice on that. So right now, please do not send any new emails to me nor open any ‘I’ send to you.
From what I do know, it has happened to other people before but more often than not, it stops by itself so hopefully this will be the case. I have put full spam filtering and done scanning for viruses, turned off cookies and everything πŸ™‚

pb fudge 15
On a happier and less worrying note, Joy at Natural Migraine Alternatives, forwarded the Food Stories Award! As sweet as this is, I am actually one of the judges of this award, therefore not eligible. Thank you so much though Joy!

Ok I am done now and am off to enjoy the long weekend (even though the Queen’s birthday was actually in April ;)) – Hope you all have a good one!

Adios amigos!

Blog Signature

Advertisements

132 Comments

1. Pingback: Reblog / Link Project: CCU’s Go Bake Yourself | ft. // la vie Γ©clectique

2. Pingback: Simple Pleasures Of Life « Go Bake Yourself

3. I’m not sure you can have too many chocolate recipes though I have told my literary agent that I have no interest in putting out such a book because I doubt I could do anything truly original. So I simply enjoy all of your chocolaty creations.

4. Pingback: Think Of The Positives « Go Bake Yourself

5. Zoe says:

This fudge looks amazing. I love the peanut butter and chocolate combination and love to make too with my son.

Silence can be good or bad… I think being silent can be a good move and it all depend on situations πŸ˜€

6. I love the sound of this wicked fudge. I think KJ will love it too.
    I don’t think silence is a good idea! I would miss your posts too much! With love, your friend, Goldenboots πŸ™‚

7. thelady8home says:

That’s what I love, love, love about you. You are a chatterbox, and I love chatterboxes. Birds of same feathers and all that…..

I love fudge, but don’t like peanut butter. But my sooon to be 13 yr old adores it (soon to be because I’m sure he would hate it if he was made to sound too young to such a beautiful chocolate dripping lady).

By the time you are done with me, I will either turn into a baker, or simply egg you on to make those treats available to us lesser bakers somehow.

8. Jennie says:

Girl, you just keep on talking. I love reading your inner musings. It’s what makes your blog so unique and enjoyable. Oh, I almost forgot, the chocolate. Heck, yes, I want a hundred more chocolate posts- keep ’em coming! This fudge looks amazing. I love that you made it in the microwave. How ingenious of you. Thanks for sharing, Uru. No more silence, please πŸ™‚

9. cookingactress says:

I talk a lot too–it’s ok πŸ˜› And this fudge really does look amazingggg! And I’m not even the biggest fan of fudge (which I know goes against everything everyone knows about me but…I don’t know…too sugary?)

10. I was smiling to myself as I read the part of you wanting to do a ‘silent post’ because I just read quite a few paragraphs of talking already! πŸ˜› It’s ok to talk a lot though, because there are people here to obviously love reading it! πŸ˜€

11. Ruth says:

Absolutely delicious! I would really love to try that fudge!!! And don’t worry about the talking, that’s what blogs are for! I enjoy all of your posts πŸ™‚

12. Nami | Just One Cookbook says:

Uru, you really know how to capture our attention by making delicious stuff. Well, it’s okay you don’t need to be silent as long as you keep feeding us delicious dessert. Our mouth will be busy to talk back and we’ll be a good listener… πŸ˜‰

13. Ames says:

Whoa, I don’t think I could handle that much sugar in my system at the one time πŸ˜€ I do like the way you presented it with the orange ribbon though, nice touch :). I too have problems keeping the words and photos just on the food… I usually can’t help but write a little intro of things no one really wants to know before I get to my reviews or recipes hehe! ❀

14. Becky says:

Your fudge looks absolutely wonderful. Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge in 5 minutes, very dangerous, especially for my waistline. Your pics are making me drool.

15. What a delectable fudge! PB and chocolate is my all-time favorite! This looks so creamy. I’m not surprised you like to talk a lot! I can tell from your posts.
    I don’t mind. . . my sister is the same way.

16. Wish I had all the yummilicious talent that you have for chocolate creations, this does look like another winner! Ship this to me for. an anyday celebration, I do not want to wait for a special holiday.
    Sorry about the email issue you are having!

17. They say silence is golden, well I think your blog posts are golden and your recipes a WOW – see that wasn’t silent, that was shouting from the rooftops! I love fuge – so naughty but so delicious.

18. LinsFood says:

This looks just soo good! How do you keep coming up with these chocolate recipes?! I think chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven! Our long, long weekend was the weekend before and it rained! It was the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee though, not her birthday. I could have happily slept my way through it if it didn’t involve food! xx

19. kitchenriffs says:

Keep the chocolate posts coming! Another 100? Pshaw! We wanna see another 2 or 3 hundred at least!

” . . .if we have been friends long enough for me to take a cookie from you without asking (but always a thank you). “ That’s a pretty good definition of friendship! Does it also apply to fudge? Because I’m (virtually) taking a piece of your great fudge right now! Good post – thanks.

20. Hannah says:

Teehee, when I completely lost my voice last week, it was so strange. 36 hours without making a single sound. But you don’t always have to go that extreme πŸ˜›

21. Uru….I love to ‘listen’ to your posts! But I’ve got to tell you….this luscious fudge can speak for itself! My favorite fudge of all! Hey….can we look forward to any video posts in your future? Hmmmm? Now THAT would be fun to listen to! : )

22. Oh, if I could just take off and dive into your screen and land in that peanut butter jar! Yum, it could be a swimming exercise and a fabulous dessert all at the same time. P.S….Blogging and talking = a great combination!

23. Haha Uru, you make me laugh so much. You didn’t last long on your quest to be quiet with your essay, hehe. But I don’t mind, you make me giggle and that fudge looks to die. I have everything in BUT smooth PB, I have crunchy but that’ll work for me since I love a bit of crunch in my life!

24. Perfection is nothing but a myth! I’m completely convinced of this. Besides, it the flaws and quirks that make everyone unique, wonderful, and fascinating. Embrace those parts of yourself! Only stay silent if that’s what seems right to you in the moment. πŸ™‚

25. eliotthecat says:

Silence is golden BUT we all enjoy your posts! (I suffer from over indulging in sarcasm too!) Love this chocolate post!

26. Starr says:

I’ve found that fudge can be tricky, but this seems like an easy no fail recipe (one I’ll definitely be trying). Thanks for posting πŸ™‚

27. This is exactly the perfect combo of salty, sweet & nutty that I might be truly addicted too! As the weather is so horrible here, I might just have to do some baking soon. I’m drooling over those thick slabs of fudge though, yummers!

Happy Long Weekend!

28. Courtney says:

I vote for 100 more, too! And pb & chocolate is one of my most favorite combos – yum!! (And nice job making it through a couple of silent photos πŸ˜‰ ).

29. The silence is broken. I don’t think CCU would be CCU if you were the silent type so glad your back and I am bookmarking this recipe for my x-mas fudge. Looks like a winner.

30. What an easy, delicious fudge.

I have a story to tell you. I got some spam this week and the sender was one letter off from your name. The email had been sent to me, joy the baker, and a few others that we both follow.

In the mail was one link. No words.

I called John in and said, “I don’t think I should open this but I don’t want to miss out on anything important, can you open this in the spambox ? He’s got a server that he uses for this sort of thing.

He came back and said, “do you want to work from home? you can make $1400 a month or more.”

I said, “I knew it wsn’t from Uru.”

John looked at me and said, “how did you know it wasn’t from her?”

“Because if she’d sent it, it would have had lots of words, she can’t help herself.”

THEN i looked closer at the sender and it was one letter off.

It’s freezing and rainy up here. What kind of queen gives you a crap day like this for her birthday?

• Wow my friend you know me so well πŸ˜€
      I can’t believe you actually said that, haha πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
      On another note that it the coolest program and I am sorry for the spam! I have done security checks and changed my password so hopefully it will stop soon!

And I totally agree with you, the queen is totally off her rocker – I demand a second holiday πŸ˜‰

Cheers
      Choc Chip Uru

31. navane64 says:

I used to talk and talk so much during my younger days. Now I only do that to people close to me. I love this fudge you made and it looks so good.

32. Lisa at fLVE says:

Great timing. I was actually packing utensils, pans, and such for a baking session at my friend’s house tomorrow. Brownies. But I now I think I will also make this. LOVE pb…so good. By the way, your posts are always entertaining, so don’t worry about the talking bit. You are awesome! Oh, and the email thing, never got a thing from you directly BUT someone did sign me up for an email from an Australia museum. As much as I love museums and such, I am not flying over to AU any time soon to attend any exhibits. Lol.

33. Jasline says:

Oh my dear friend that’s a really sinful looking fudge! But I really want to have some! Chocolate and peanut butter… that is an awesome combination of flavours!

34. I know from your posts how much you can talk and I don’t mind listening to friends like you.
    This fudge looks amazing. I am saving this email.
    Have you ever had tiger butter fudge? It has all chocolate and peanut butter and no icing sugar. If you ever feel like trying just check on my blog.

35. A_Boleyn says:

I live alone so when I get a captive audience I talk and talk and talk … but then I comfort myself with the thought that that just means I’m a friendly person. πŸ™‚ If we met, we’d probably be like my best friend from grade school. We would talk at each other non-stop and other people were amazed that we understood what the other was saying cause we never stopped. πŸ™‚

Great fudge. Love the chocolate. The peanut butter … not so much. Have you ever tried the chocolate/cherry swirl which is kind of like a black forest fudge? Now THAT’s amazing.

• Haha you definitely are friendly πŸ˜€
      Your story reminds me of a 3 hour phone conversation my friend and I recently had πŸ˜›
      And black forest fudge? Keep talking πŸ˜€

Cheers
      Choc Chip Uru

36. Veronica says:

haha, I totally understand. I too am a blabber-mouth and I really have to force myself to keep it short on blogs. I appreciate shorter blogs when reading, so I try to keep them shorter when writing as well, but not always with success. I know how hard it is, believe me! lol! As for your fudge, it looks sooo good and right in the middle of looking at the pictures, I said, “I need Nutella. Now. I really really need it.” My husband asked what brought it one and I said “I just need it.” Just so you know, I blame your blog, even if it has no Nutella in it. It has chocolate and peanut butter-close enough. lol Darn you for posting such yummy chocolatey treats! You’ll be the death of my waistline. πŸ˜‰

37. I LOVE fudge, chocolate and peanut butter in that order too!! This has to be the easiest fudge recipe ever and the results speak for themselves. Please keep talking, you are awesome!!

Sweet Comments Welcome!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s