UPDATE: Just clarifying that I have not made my likes page yet on facebook (which is why I have asked you all how to make it :D) and I will be posting up a link after I have done so🙂
The world is constantly changing, we are constantly aging and of course, ever since Einstein invented time, nothing will ever be able to stop, stay at a standstill, or at the very least, go slow motion style like in Matrix😉
Anyhow, before I go ranting (again) and get off topic as I have a tendency to, there have been some major changes around. And I think almost 99% of you all are aware of it. Foodbuzz, the biggest and most awesomest food blogger sharing community is switching to DailyBuzz. Say what?
Ok, yes it will be fine but how can we see all the bloggers in the world now? It is such a wonderful feeling when waking up to go check Foodbuzz and see all these different and delicious posts. Makes me breakfast hungry😉
I have put my application in to be a publisher for DailyBuzz, I am sure all of you have, but I never saw August 1st coming. It was unexpected and a change that threw me a little off. What, who and why?
This made me think. I subscribe to a lot of blogs. I am not getting into the nitty gritty. But I may or may not have added perhaps 20-30 more today. Wow. Yeah, I love you all😀 – it was necessary (why must everyone cook so well!)
Anyway though, that is not the only change going on. See, the other day, I had lunch with Mark Zuckerberg, you know, casually as you do😛
We were talking, eating pizza when he asked me ‘Why do you still not have Facebook?’ – I could see, considering he created it and it was kind of world famous and all, why he was hurt.
So I finally decided to end my procrastination, and for the blog, spend two-three hours getting FB, acting on the pact🙂
You all know what this means right???
I CAN LIKE YOUR BLOGS ON FACEBOOK😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
So send one, send all, I want everyone’s Facebook links to like and follow😀
In return for everything that has been done post FoodBuzz announcement, I request one favour…
- How do you get a likes page on Facebook?
- How do I connect my blog to said likes page on FB?
- Will you guys like me to?😛
Zuckerberg, the rat, has a meeting to go to so he was no help at all. Psshaw.😉
But I know I can count on you all!
Ok, cool, so now on to the recipe part😀
See there is another reason I was talking about changes. My friend, PDS, is going through, actually has just gone through, a HUGE change. She moved houses… 2 minutes away from me😀
*excited* *excited* *excited*
A house move calls for major bedroom decoration decisions, lack of telephone lines, getting used to the random cat on the street AND HOUSEWARMING!
- Bring a cake
- Sit and talk
- Drive home
CCU & PDS Housewarming rules:
- Bring ice cream (because it actually won’t melt :D)
- Scream/laugh as means of communication (you have all heard teenage girls talk right?)
- Walk home (because it’s possible :D)
Disclaimer: PDS, I did have to taste your ice cream and pour on some fudge sauce and take photos but I promise you, I barely ate one spoonful… but it was really, really hard to stop😉
- PDS absolutely loves bananas
- You all know Ben & Jerry’s no? Ice cream geniuses, gorgeous flavours and all that jazz😉 – Well they have one flavour that I am really not a fan of. Chunky Monkey. I know, I know, banana ice cream with fudge chunks and walnuts, what is not to like?? But the banana taste is so artificial… eeyuck – so I made it my mission to recreate it with a big more BANG
- Hello, maybe you have forgotten but it is still National Ice Cream Month😉 (sacrilege if you did!)
So voila, my own take on the famous roasted banana ice cream, mixed in with crushed walnuts and chocolate chips. Now this ice cream would attract a monkey (makes me see why we humans, their descendants, also crave it ;))
It is smooth and creamy but freezes like a rock (so be warmed, take it out 20-25 minutes before serving if not more, in winter). I left the ice cream banana base a little chunky because, well, yum😉 but go ahead and puree it all up! The butterscotch roasted bananas are a dessert in themselves so as an ice cream, base work strong and deliciously. They compliment the chocolate chips and walnuts both texturally and taste-wise so win-win situation everywhere!
Butterscotch Chunky Monkey
Loosely based on: This Recipe
Makes: 1 L
Butterscotch Bananas (if you do not want to make ice cream, eat these hot with vanilla ice cream – YUM)
- 50g butter
- 4 large, super ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbs – 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 1/4 cup full cream milk
- 3 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence/butterscotch essence
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Make the Butterscotch Bananas: In a large frypan, heat up on medium and add in butter until melted
- Mix through the brown sugar until combined and stir continuously till starts to bubble
- Add in golden syrup, turn down heat to medium low
- Add in bananas and cook for 1-2 minutes or until coated all over and caramelised
- Stir in cream and bring mixture to boil
- Remove from heat and cool
- Make Ice Cream: Place banana mixture, milk, cream, sugar, essence, lemon juice and salt into a food processor and process for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth mixture (I left mine a little chunky :D)
- Pour mixture into ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Stir through the nuts and chocolate chips after finished churning
- Freeze in a container or enjoy soft serve style!😀
- I may not add the extra cream into the bananas since they were so deliciously caramelised and coated before and their syrup was already thick enough🙂
*****************************************************************************With all these changes going on, I almost forgot, I have awards to hand out😀😀😀
Firstly, I was lucky enough to receive The Lovely Blog Award from a sweet friend, Pooja over at Saffron N Appetite! If you have never visited, I promise you, her blog will blow you away – full of delicious meals and treats🙂
Secondly, another awesome blogging buddy from the times of Foodbuzz, namely Becky from Baker Becky, awarded me with the Addictive Blog Award! When she says baker, she means baker! So many cute and delicious treats, I want to literally eat her entire blog🙂
Now drum roll for the nominees:
- Allison @ The Spontaneous Tomato
- Lynn @ The Actor’s Diet
- Laws Of The Kitchen
- Kimby @ A Little Lunch
- Paula @ Vintage Kitchen
- Susan @ The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Food, Fashion And Flow